23.2.13

21

Entering Womanhood

I can't believe just over 4 weeks ago I turned 21. I know it's cliche, and over said, but I genuinely don't even 'feel' 21 or even look it. Oh, and what a day it was! I have never in my life gone through that many emotions in one day. It felt like everything that could go wrong, went wrong. First of all I struggled finding a venue that I wanted, then the day before the big day it starts snowing (I hate snow) I was freaking the hell out because train lines were disrupted and some of my guests were coming down from Manchester etc. Then, a huge mountain appears on my face.. A bloody cold sore, which my mum put down to stress, guests arriving in what I can only describe as BMT (black men time), parents driving me crazy, and the after party... Oh, the after party. It was memorable for sure.

BUT, even with all the madness going on, the minute I saw my dearest friends and family who had come to share my special day with me, I felt nothing but Happiness and Love. The speeches were the highlight of my night, especially my dad's speech.Well, kinda have no chocie seeing as I tattooed one of the many quotes he came out with that night lol. 

 "The eagle that soars majestically has mastered the winds by failing, yet toiling relentlessy"  In other words, there are no short cuts in life, and whatever obstacles you come across you have to keep on trying and in the end you shall succeed.  
 



Mpho x



5 comments:

  1. OMG this blog post has spoken to me. I am going through exactly what you went through. turning 21 in just 2 weeks and hoping to also have a party at the end of March. I pray i'll get through it just like you did. I'm sure at the end it will all be worth it.

    And you looked great by the way. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you babe :)
      I'm sure you will have an amazing day,best advice I can give you is to give your phone to someone you trust on the day so they handle everything for you lol less stress that way.But even with the stress just try and have fun, you only turn 21 once after all.
      Happy birthday in advance. X

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday lady! Xx

    http://sandrasayswhynot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super super cute in that dress and I love your make up!
    xoxo
    http://canneverbeaskinnybish.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete