25.3.13

Angela Simmons Launches High-Fashion Clothing Line

Angela by Angela Simmons...



 Yet again, another celebrity has launched their own fashion line. It seems like every other day a different celeb launches a line right? Angela Simmons, the daughter of Rev Run (whose house???? Run's house!!!) is the latest celebrity to do so. Angela stunned many when she revealed her Spring/Summer collection on her website http://angelaiam.com.

She gave her fans a sneak peek of the new line, in a video featuring a model posing in a few of her pieces, along with a short message that read "I'm so excited to share the first video for my Angela by Angela Simmons collection. I've always wanted to create a fashion line and it's finally happening. Check out a sneak peek of my collection". 





 Angela, did an interview with Global Grind, where she opened up about herself, her designs and where her inspiration came from. 

GlobalGrind: What should people expect from your clothing line?  
Angela Simmons: It is stuff you can wear for a long time. I think it is important to create fashion that is really fashionable, yet still affordable. I feel like this industry is such a fast moving place in the fashion world and it is important to stay up with the trends and be able to still afford it, to wear it, but let it still be fashionable at the same time.
That is one of my things with my line; it is feminine, it is chic, yet it is still dressed down and comfortable. It is something you can wear from day to night.
Tell us a little about the work that went into the making of the promo video. 
Without giving away too much, I can say I cast some models, I did everything and I have been working on it forever. I have been very hands on with it and it is my baby, so I am very excited for everyone to see it!
How do you think things have grown since your initial days of designing Pastry? You have grown and your design has grown, so what has changed? Has your approach changed?
I wouldn’t say it changes. I think as humans, we just evolve. With people as you grow up, you evolve; it is a natural change and that change just depends on the people you’re around and what you’re inspired by. My inspirations change throughout the years, the people I look up to change, and you gain knowledge and you apply it to your life - for me that is where I have been.
What was the most challenging part about stepping up into a more grown up fashion venture? The girls who once wore Pastry are now the women who will be wearing your new clothing line.
The passion for fashion has always been there for me. I am just following my passion and doing what I truly love to do...The designs will change with the seasons, but I am just excited about it.
You’re always focused on positivity and your goals, so what tips would you give women about remaining positive and remaining on the path to their goals?
Staying positive really has to do with you and how you react to things. You create negativity by responding to negativity. You’re always going to hear opinions and people saying what they want about you, but it is their opinion. It’s about just blocking it out and staying in your happy world.
There are so many people who have so many things to say about me whether it is negative or positive, and I choose to focus on the positive and live with that. If you focus on the negative it will just drive you crazy.  It will have you questioning yourself and you don’t want to do that. Staying positive just has to do with staying around people who inspire you and being around things that make you happy.
What do you think of her clothes? Comment below :) 
Mpho x 

3 comments:

  1. The thing is, especially with celeb lines, they are never anything new, no outburst of creativity...they all tend to latch on to what ever is popular or has been done just to maximise sales. I could easily do without them. Stamping your name/brand on something just doesn't cut it any more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also black & white doesn't equate to high fashion, also sports luxe has been done & done. enough now. Id like to feel the material on some of these clothes fuze she's used viscose or some ish, spun low

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Angella and I love the campaign pics... For a while now based on all the fashion shows she attends and her work with Pasty- this girl is really serious about fashion and launching a clothing label. I really hope it turns out to be as successful as the Olsen Twins' 'The Row'...

    ReplyDelete