3.3.14

Music Monday

A friend of mine, Libby from http://libbyroselondon.blogspot.co.uk has started this thing on her blog called 'Music Monday', where she posts new music, or song she is currently loving at the moment (on mondays, obviously) and I thought it was such a great idea, so great that I've stolen it!


First up is Rick Ross *grunts* Today was the release of his sixth studio album 'Mastermind' which features the likes of Jeezy, The Weeknd, Kanye West, Big Sean, Meek Mill, Lil Wayne, French Montana, Diddy, and Jay-Z (to name a few). I'm yet to listen to the album, however, given the big names he's pulled out the bag, I'm pretty sure there will be a few club bangers.

The first single to come out from the album is 'The Devil Is A Lie' which features Jay-Z. He explained that song saying, "We’re pushing the envelope once again and it’s just one of those records I can’t wait to hit the streets. We went in another direction but it’s just one of those records that’s gonna speak for itself and everybody’s gonna have their opinion of it, but it’s most definitely what the streets need."



Last but certainly not least is none other than the man himself… R.Kelly. Where do I even start? 'Black Panties' is the twelfth studio album by the R&B singer, 12 ALBUMS!!! In my opinion, R.Kelly is undeniably one of the best male vocalists of our time. This man can sing anything from Pop to Gospel. And he has stood the test of time. 



Now, when I saw what R.Kelly was wearing for his performance for last year's BET Awards (spikes galore) I was like "oh no, he's going through a mid-life crisis, blah blah" and to be honest I was reluctant to even listen to the album. Then came the song with Lady Gaga which saw the two dancing all over each other, I was so confused as to how that collaboration even came about, but I must say the song grew on me. Black Panties is not R.Kelly's best album, but I am loving it nonetheless.

Don't expect to hear songs like "I believe I Can Fly", "I Wish" or "U Saved Me"… Oh no, "Kells" has gone back to his 'Bump N' Grind' roots. Guest features include Ludacris, 2 Chainz, kelly Rowland, Young Jeezy, Future, Migos and Juicy J which give the album a contemporary sound. The cover has the classic 'parental advisory' logo and believe me when no person under the age of 18 should be listening to it. It's basically all about sex and the woman's lower region. I will never look at an Oreo in the same way again after listening to 'Cookies'.

My other favourites on the album include, "Legs Shakin'", "You Deserve Better", "My Story", "All The Way" and "Every Position". (Basically the whole album) And for all of you haters out there, R.Kelly has something for you in "Shut Up". He shuts down critics and ex-friends who declared his career dead.


2 comments: