11.3.13

Rihver Island

Hit or Miss?


So as we all know by now i'm sure, RiRi, has teamed up with popular high street retail store River Island, and launched her own fashion line. If i'm being honest, I am in two minds about this range. A part of me really likes it and the other part of me is disappointed and feels Rihanna could have been much more creative. We've already seen the crop tops, high slit midi skirts, dresses and items with either leather or mesh inserts. 
HOWEVER, in saying all that... I also think Rihanna was quite smart in thinking about what her target market and what her undying fans would wear. She's taken what's already popular amongst the fashion world right now and put her own twists on it such as the slash back crop top and thigh split maxi skirt. I mean, not everyone can pull off the edgy look so I guess she had to simplify it right? I love the modernised 90's feel/look to it, and could see myself in some of the pieces but damn some of the clothes are pricey! £30 for a crop top!? Come on now... What do you think? comment below :) 

Mpho x 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/17/2013

    Honestly some of these ideas anyone could come up with, but just cause you have a sense of style doesn't mean you can be a designer. A lot of designers dress casual but bring about amazing and original work and styling

    onecurator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you, I think there was a lot of around it simply because its Rihanna.

      Delete
  2. DEFINITE MISS pour Moi! She definitely needs to work on her lacking vocal talent before she tries her hand at being a designer. I could almost forgive the lack of creativity if it wasn't for the mere fact that the clothes have a cheap feel to them all the while being at a premium price, people are just paying for her name. The audacity to have them at London Fashion Week was also just a *side eye* moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! how pricey are some of the clothes! Every Tom, Dick and Harry, is launching a fashion line now too. As for her as a performer, I won't lie, I love me some Riri, especially her unapologetic behaviour, she is who she is.

      Delete