26.3.14

The Divah

Yolanda Dombo

http://www.thedivah.com

Remember that name honey, 'coz you're gonna be hearing a lot of it in the future! This flamboyant human being is a really good friend of mine with an impeccable, individual style. It is clear she belongs in the fashion industry, without a doubt. 

I don't think i've been anywhere with Yolanda where someone doesn't want to take her picture or where she isn't being likened to Lil Kim, Lady Gaga or some fashion icon, and with good reason too because she dons some extra-ordinary pieces that I would never ever be able to pull off in a million years. She is the definition of unique.  

So in a world where everyone is consumed by the media, celebrity lifestyle and the ever-changing world of fashion I sat down with The Divah herself to find out how she stays true to who she really is especially in this pretentious and competitive bubble better known as the fashion industry where everyone claims to be "different" and a "trend-setter."

Who is Yolanda?

I would say I'm a complex character who doesn't follow trends and would like to think I'm also down to earth and humble.

Where does your inspiration come from?

My inspiration comes from everything. I draw from all things such as tribal wear to street style.

How would you describe your style?

My style is grand and daring and has no limits.

What's your favourite piece in your wardrobe?

Currently my favourite piece is a vintage little black dress with pearls.

Where do you see this "fashion journey" taking you and your blog?

I'd love for my blog to be able to reach people from everywhere in the world and eventually build a platform where I can have opportunities such as collaborations with well-known brands and travelling to participate in fashion related activities around the world

Style Icons?

Ulyana Sergeenko, Nick Wooster, Lino Leluzzi, Sam Lambert and Shaka Maidoh from Art Comes First, one of my favourite bloggers Toni Tran, the 90s Lil Kim and of course Lady Gaga.

What's one thing people don't know about you?

The one thing most people don't know is that I have a phobia for cats. I am not fond of them at all.

http://www.thedivah.com
Mpho x 


0 comments:

Post a Comment