10.3.14

Music Monday #2


Imagine blending Drake, The Weeknd, and Miguel into one person. What would you get? Well… meet  Jahron Anthony Brathwaite, better known under the stage name PartyNextDoor. The Canadian singer  is living the ultimate dream, he is currently signed to Drake's OVO Sound record label. 

A friend of mine introduced the 20 year old to me early last year, and I was impressed. There is no denying who has inspired the young singer musically, his influences are obvious, however, most importantly he doesn't come across as an imitator. His voice has such an uncanny sound to Drake's that I only realised quite recently that he even performed background vocals on "Own It' and "Come Thru" from Drake's third studio album 'Nothing Was the Same'. 

The emerging R&B vocalist is definitely one to watch. He's definitely in the right hands with Drake as his mentor. I'm one of those people that take their time listening to an album and making my mind up about it, but I can honestly say I can listen to this EP from start to finish. The beats are on point and his lyrical content and delivery reminds me of the Weeknd who I equally love I would describe the EP as "fresh" with intricate lyrics that make you think, it's very sexy too. Over the weekend, I was driving around with my girl, music blasting out the windows, felt like it was summer, that's the vibe this EP gives you.  He needs more publicity, I really see him going far. His self-titled EP has been described as EDM (Electronic Dance Music and also contains elements of R&B fusion. Check out one of my favourite tracks from the EP below (not official video): 




Mpho x 

1 comments:

  1. Yesss love partynextdoor! Literally hit the nail right on the head with the Drake, Weeknd, Miguel fusion! xx

    ReplyDelete