19.5.14

Music Monday #5

I feel like i'm so out of touch with music since I've gone to Thailand. The best bit of music I heard out there was literally only through the pool and beach parties we went to. Anyway, this past week I've been trying to play "catch-up" and I find myself going back to these tracks.


Usher is back y'all! Look at him dancing like the good 'ole days. And I'm guessing from the return of his infamous "U"chain (as seen in the video) we should expect to hear some classic R&B tunes from his upcoming album and I can't wait. I just love the soul-funk jazzy feel to the song, and I love the video.



I can't belieb i'm saying this, but I THINK i'm officially a 'belieber'. I never really used to be a fan of Justin Bieber before, but "Confident" was my jam and now the same has to be said for his latest song "All That Matters". His voice has matured so much, i'll hear a song on the radio and will be gobsmacked when I find out it's actually him. The lyrics are cute and the beat is on point.


Another song I can't get enough of is "Smartphones" by Trey Songz. I love how real the video is too. I've actually seen this happen in real life and trust me it aint no joke, these smartphones be ending relationships. I hope Trey makes more songs like these, I miss the old "Neighbours Know My Name" Trey.


Mpho x 

1 comments: