20.1.14

Happy Birthday To Me

Capricorn. 


It's monday, therefore, that can only mean one thing… Ive recovered from my birthday shenanigans! This past weekend marked my 22nd birthday (yes I know I don't look it) and what an amazing weekend it was. I'm pretty sure people are sick and tired of seeing my lime dress plastered all over their wall on Facebook and Instagram feed, but I don't care, look away lol!

After a massive 21st party last year, and all the stress that came with planning a party, I decided to keep things simple this year. Over the last year I've been doing some soul searching and making some life changing decisions. A big part of those changes have been re-evaluating the company I keep, and ending a lot of so-called "friendships". It's really true what they say.. "You aint growing up if you aint losing friends".

On friday, I had the most amazing dinner, with some of the closest people to my heart. Words can't describe how much fun I had. At one point, I caught myself just looking around the table with a goofy smile, watching everyone in deep conversations whilst divulging their plates of food. The food in Preto Rodizio is so amazing, I'm drooling now just thinking of the meat. Every other minute skewers with different cuts of meat came to the table, drinks were flowing (which resulted in some ratchet behaviour) thank God I chose not to wear a body hugging dress. Oh, and of course the presents were a bonus :)

It was quite overwhelming, the love I felt. The feeling of people being there for you and only having your best interests/intentions at heart. The older I get I've grown to realise that life is not about being popular but by having real friends and family around you.

What great start to my year! I can't wait to see what else 2014 has in store for me…

Mpho x









0 comments:

Post a Comment