15.1.14

Reflectin'

First of all let me take the time to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

This blog post is long overdue, one of my New Years resolutions was to be consistent with my blog posts, but as per usual I having been living up to my name of 'Procrastination Queen', and putting stuff off for the next day, which turns into the next week! But, that is all about to change. You're probably rolling your eyes thinking "ohh, everyone says that", but I have made a promise to myself because time time waits for no-one. 

I don't know what it is about an approaching birthday that makes you think about every aspect of your life, especially the future. I know I'm not alone in this, because in these last few weeks, I have engaged in countless conversations with close friends about life and what we want to do etc.

Do you ever find yourself just looking around at your peers thinking, "wow they've got so much going on for themselves, what am I doing"? Well, that's all I seem to be doing these days. I think a part of that is because of this cut-throat industry i'm in. There's so much pressure and competition and boy am I feeling it alright. I know exactly what it is I want and need to do to make it, so there is no excuse. I know my potential so sitting around in my room doing nothing all day is just not going to fly anymore.

Apart from hating the course I was doing in Birmingham with a passion, a huge reason why I decided to quit it was because I wanted to be in London.. 'The land of opportunities' lol and I feel like I haven't taken advantage of this great city and what it has to offer. I mean, I've been to one or two exhibitions and events but it's not enough.

Okay, I've just read what i've written and I sound so miserable! gosh! I think ill cut this post short before I bore you to death with my inner thoughts, then again this is called 'DIARYofanextrovert' right?  So it's only right that I vent/share some of my thoughts with you from time to time. With all this spare time I have had on my hands, I've been doing some hardcore thinking about the blog and it's context, and I must say I'm excited. Watch this space haha!

"You have the same hours in the day as Beyonce"

Mpho x 


0 comments:

Post a Comment