30.6.14

Music Monday #6

"Let your man know... Mr. Steal Your Girl is back!"


Yes! That's right ladies, Trey Songz is back and I'm loving him all over again. 


I say "all over again" because I used to be such a hardcore fan of Trey Songz from his very first album 'I Gotta Make It' up until his last album 'Chapter V' which I wasn't feeling too much, well, with the exceptions of 'Dive In', 'Fumble', and of course 'Heart Attack'. I don't know, I wasn't feeling all the rapping he was delving into, jumping on the bandwagon of singing about shit that didn't even matter, if you know what I mean... 


However, after hearing a few of the singles he's been putting out in the build-up of his upcoming sixth studio album, Trigga, such as 'Na Na', 'Smartphones', 'Foreign', and 'What's Best For You', my love for Trey was rekindled. The album is scheduled to be released tomorrow, July 1st. 

In a May 2014, interview with Yahoo!, he spoke about the album, saying: "Trigga is you know, my sixth studio album. It's my every emotion at this point in my life, it's the good, the bad, the ugly, it's the beautiful, it's last night, It's love, it's hard-hitting beats, but beautiful keys. It's beautiful melodies, it's so personal to me as well, of course I have songs that are impersonal, that are fun records, that just want to get people to move and dance, but as you get to the depths and the layers of the album, it gives you an insight to my life at the person that I am - and what's going on in my life as I try to figure out growing into manhood, and taking on the responsibility that I do and trying to find love…"


I wasn't about to wait for that, especially when I can download it for free (can I say stuff like that on here lol? oh well, too late) so for the past week I've been listening to the album and so far so good. It's obviously not one of his best albums, but it's an improvement from the last one. I can't get enough of 'Mr. Steal Your Girl', it has this Keith Sweat "Nobody" feel to it. I just love the beat, his falsetto's and the smooth tone of his voice on this track. Definitely one the better songs of the album along with 'Smartphones' being another favourite of mine. 

Check out the latest single from 'Trigga' below:


What do you think of the album? What's your favourite track? 

Comment below & Follow the blog :) 

Mpho x 


1 comments:

  1. I be jamming to Foreign lol
    I think I might purchase the album tomorrow.

    www.itsmiraclewhip.com

    ReplyDelete