11.8.14

Music Monday #9

So carrying on from last week's 'Music Monday' where I featured Keke Wyatt and her amazing voice, I thought I would stick to the theme and share music i've been listening to from some of the 'R&B Divas' ladies.


Unlike the likes of Love & Hip Hop (and other reality shows based on music) where we have seen artists in the studio for more than 3 season but with no music to show for it (good music that is) these ladies are taking advantage of their new found fame and blessing us with their amazing voices and i'm loving it. 

First up is Kelly Price. Forget all the drama or how much you love to hate her, one things for sure... You cannot deny this woman of her talent, she can sing! I've always been a fan of Kelly's from way back in the day with her songs such as "Tired", "You Should've Told Me", "Soul Of A Woman", and ofcourse my all time favourite "Friend of Mine" and now she's back with "It's My Time". Check out the video below: 


Next up is former 702 leader singer Meelah Willith her own spin on ODB's "Baby I Got Your Money", featuring musician Musiq Soulchild who also happens to be the father of her son. Love, love, love this song right now, it's on repeat. I must admit I forgot how lovely Meelah's voice was. It's so soft and buttery and I love her falsetto's. Don't even get me started on Musiq Soulchild... LOVE! 


Last but certainly not least is Syleena Johnson. For those of you that don't know, she's the one singing on Kanye West's "All Falls Down". Syleena is definitely on the list of people who deserve more recognition and respect for their talent. This woman's voice is amazing. She has that "take you to church" kinda voice. It's so sultry, soulful and raspy I love it. Her latest song "Perfectly Worthless" has been on repeat for the past few weeks, and I love the video, it's powerful. (But ladies, killing yourself over a man? Hell no!) Check out the video below: 


Check out the rest of the ladies' music, you won't be disappointed. 

Mpho x 


0 comments:

Post a Comment