20.8.14

The Weekend

No, no. I'm not here to talk about the R&B singer The Weeknd... I'm here to share my amazing weekend with you, what I got up to, my hair and most importantly what I wore. I know... So much better right? Hehe.

This past weekend marked my boyfriends birthday so you already know we had to go all out and make it all special and romantical (that is not a word). Seeing as the Mr. had never been on the London Eye and the other attractions (weirdo) I thought it was the perfect time to go out and explore London and and experience one of his firsts with him. Not only did we do The London Eye but we also went on the London Eye River Cruise which was also quite educational. I know so much more about the history/stories behind some of the cities main attractions. Gosh that sounds boring, but let me assure you that it wasn't. I don't think I could ever get over just how beautiful London is. I was taking it all in whilst looking down on the city from the Eye, the beautiful lights at night. Days like that just make you put everything into perspective and appreciate life and the people/things around you as a whole.  All in all the whole weekend was great. I'm pretty sure you don't want me babbling on about the rest of the weekend, so i'll move on to my hair and outfit.

Black Blazer - New Look
Slogan T-Shirt - Primark
White Jeans - Topshop
Peep-Toe Boots - Topshop
Studded Clutch - Accessorize
Gold Chain Bracelet - H&M
Lips - MAC Ruby Woo 




So for the past few months I've been on a mission to get my hair back into a more healthier state, particularly growing back my edges, which were made thinner by excessive pulling from braids and weaves. Click here Black Hair Care to read about what products i've been using and a few tips.

I've been all about protective hair styles; where my edges won't be affected. So when a friend of mine showed me a picture of Keri Hilson's latest hairstyle on her http://instagram.com/kerihilson with the two french braids I just had to do it. It's so quick and easy, yet edgy and playful, while allowing you to look after your hair. If you have any protective styles you would like to share, please don't hesitate :)



Mpho x

1 comments:

  1. Always gorgeous, glad you two had a good weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete