8.9.14

African Queen


Monochrome Top - Bentalls 
Skirt - H&M
Red Sandal Heels - Primark 
Envelope Clutch - Zara 

Please forgive the lack of posts lately. I've been so terrible at blogging it's actually embarrassing. As per usual i've been caught up at work, and to be honest I haven't done much worth blogging about so I didn't want to bore you to death with my non-existent life. Or to blog just for the sake of having a post up. After all, it's not about the quantity, it's the quality right?

However, I had a rare day off on a saturday last week to attend my friends wedding. A South Africa meets Nigeria affair. So you already know your girl had to represent for her country and rock the traditional beads. It was my first time going to a Nigerian wedding so it was a really interesting to get a glimpse of the culture. I mean I've been to Nigerian parties but not a wedding before. I'm sure it won't be my last.

I decided to keep my outfit fairly simple with the focal point of my outfit being the beads of course, and red as a pop of colour against black. I didn't want to overdo it, i'll wait for my own wedding to do that haha! I absolutely love African beads\accessories. They are just the perfect way to add vibrancy to an outfit. If you're wondering where I get my accessories from,  Spitafields Market in London is the place to go. Also, check out my friends Facebook page Thandulundi and the website www.thandulundi.com for more . You can thank me later.


Mpho x

0 comments:

Post a Comment